Qualifications & Professional/Academic History
- LL.B. (Hons), National University of Singapore (1989)
- Admitted as Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore (1990)
Blossom has been with the firm for over 20 years. Starting out in Wee Swee Teow's conveyancing department she has been extensively involved in myriad aspects of Real Estate and Property Financing practice throughout her career. Her areas of practice also extend to corporate and estate matters. In the course of her work, she has also had opportunity to work closely with premier country clubs in Singapore to advise on many aspects of their operations including during meetings.
Blossom's Real Estate portfolio includes experience in handling both transactional conveyancing matters for individuals and corporations, project development work for both boutique developers as well as major developers, extensive experience in handling all aspects of both commercial and residential leasing and sub-leasing, advising on land matters to corporations, local authorities, registered societies, liquidators, asset managers, property managers and also advising in en-bloc matters.
- dealt with privately negotiated acquisitions of various types of land and buildings including acquisitions involving public tender;
- advised on project development matters including acquisition of the developers' land, joint ventures, financing arrangements, sale of units, defects resolution, MCST matters as well as issues involving Project Accounts and also Housing Developers' Rules;
- involved in advising on licenses granted for parts of airport land;
- acted in matters involving assignments of club land;
- advised individual foreign investors on their acquisitions in Singapore and as a collorary to this, also assisted them with immigration issues as well as their estate and succession matters;
- involved in all aspects of commercial leasing including drafting Master Leases, Tripartite Leases in REITS developments and advising on all aspects of landlord's obligations, liabilities and involved extensively in advising landlords, asset managers and property managers on resolution of issues arising between them and the occupiers of their commercial buildings;
- acted for major and anchor tenants in their negotiations with their landlords and local authorities;
- acted for registered societies in Singapore in their assignments of land and in their financing transactions securitised against such land;
- acted for boutique developers in their land acquisitions and advised on issues pertaining to their unique developments.
In Blossom's Banking and Finance practice, she has represented individuals, corporations in their loan transactions as well as advised in syndicated lending transactions. She has also rendered legal opinions to foreign lenders on Singapore based securities. In addition, she has also advised on schemes of arrangements and liquidations including one where liquidators dealt with assets in excess of S$1Billion. Blossom also advises both banks and developers on loan and financing matters for property developments including facility arrangements.
- handled loan and security documentation for individuals as well as corporations secured against property assets as well as other assets such as shares and contractual benefits;
- acted to advise lead banks in syndicated loans to foreign borrowers including issuing legal opinions to fulfill drawdown preconditions;
- advised in scheme of arrangements for note holders to achieve a client's divestment;
- advised liquidators in the course of one of the largest [by asset value] liquidations todate in respect of both their liquidators' duties as well as advising in the corporate arrangements in respect of the finalisation of the liquidation;
- advising developers as to their loan and financing documents including land loans, constructions loans, interest rate swap facilities, revolving credit facilities and also Banks in relation to Project Account issues when financing property developers;
- advising corporations on their financing obligations including when such obligations affect their corporate plans;
- involved in advising as to Guarantees and Indemnities for individuals and corporations including where these serve as back to back securities for similar accommodation provided by these parties to financial institutions.
Blossom is also involved in Corporate matters for many of the clients she advises in her Real Estate and Banking and Finance practices.
- assisted clients with company compliance issues;
- advised in respect of clients' operational issues within their company including employment law issues and those relating to issues arising between shareholders;
- involved in many other types of solicitors' work for these clients including share sales and purchases, settlement agreements, partnership agreements, joint ventures, franchise and distributorship agreements, providing listed company compliance advice, non-disclosure agreements, manufacturing agreements, long term supply agreements, standard terms and conditions, and partnership agreements;
- involved in advising on meeting proceedings including attending such meetings;
- acted in corporate re-structuring for clients;
- involved in drafting extensive amendments to Constitutions and Memorandum and Articles for clients including advising as to submissions to regulatory authorities.
- Member of the Law Society of Singapore
- Member of the Singapore Academy of Law