Qualifications & Professional / Academic History
- BA (Hons) Oxford University (2001)
- Grad. Dip. Sing. Law, National University of Singapore (2002)
- Admitted as Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore (2003)
Hsuan Boon has developed his practice with a specialization in civil and commercial litigation and arbitration. He advises and represents clients in complex corporate and commercial disputes, including breaches of directors' duties and shareholder minority oppression suits. He has assisted clients in banking disputes over loan agreements, and against a foreign state-owned enterprise for registration and enforcement proceedings. Several of these matters have involved complex interactions between different systems of law.
Hsuan Boon also advises clients in the negotiation and drafting of a variety of corporate agreements, including sale and purchase agreements, subscription agreements and shareholders agreements.
Hsuan Boon also has experience in disputes over estates and trust matters, insolvency litigation, defamation claims and employment disputes. Hsuan Boon also practises criminal law.
- Goi Wang Firn (Ni Wanfen) v Chee Kow Ngee Sing (Pte) Ltd  1 SLR 1049
- Low Tuck Kwong v Sukamto Sia  1 SLR 639
- Low Tuck Kwong v Sukamto Sia  1 SLR 1016
- Teleoptik-Ziroskopi v Westacre Investments Inc  2 SLR 177
- Westacre Investments Inc v The State-Owned Company Yugoimport-SDPR (Dueteron (Asia) Pte Ltd, garnishee)  SGHC 123
- Tan Yong San v Neo Kok Eng and others  SGHC 30
- Westacre Investments Inc v The State-Owned Company Yugoimport-SDPR (also known as Jugoimport-SDPR)  2 SLR(R)166
- Ang Meng Lee v Ng Siam Khui and Another  SGHC 223
- Ser Kim Koi and another v Fulton William Merrell and others  2 SLR (R) 1063
- Raffles Town Club Pte Ltd v Lim Eng Hock Peter and Others (Tung Yu-Lien Margaret and Others, Third Parties)  SGHC 28
- Econ Piling Pte Ltd v NCC International AB  SGHC 26
- Econ Piling Pte Ltd v NCC International AB  SGHC 17
Memberships / Appointments / Directorships
- Member of the Law Society of Singapore
- Member of the Singapore Academy of Law
- Volunteer lawyer, Criminal Legal Aid Scheme