Civil and Criminal Litigation
The firm has a well-established and experienced litigation team. The team includes a Senior Counsel and partners who were former officers from the Judicial and Legal Service. Many litigation cases handled by our firm had been featured in newspapers and in most (if not all) of those cases featured, our litigation team had been successful in acting for our clients.
The firm practises civil commercial and criminal litigation and our experience includes:
Civil & Commercial Litigation
- Shareholder disputes, involving companies with very substantial assets.
- Disputes arising from complicated trusts and equitable claims.
- Complex building, construction and engineering disputes (See information on the Construction Practice Group).
- Intellectual property disputes, enforcement of trade marks, copyright and other intellectual property rights (See information on Information Technology / Intellectual Property Rights Practice Group).
- Complex estate litigation, many of which were landmark cases involving high profile families (See information on Trust, Estate Planning and Probate).
- Corporate insolvency.
- Securities and futures trading disputes.
- Advice and representation in defamation cases.
- Disputes relating to partnerships and joint ventures.
- Acting in cases involving issues of company directors' duties.
- Claims arising out of professional negligence.
- Advice and representations in commercial crime prosecutions.
- Advice and representation in prosecutions relating to securities and futures trading.
- Giam Chin Toon S.C.
- Wong Hur Yuin
- Hui Choon Wai
- Tan Hsuan Boon