Qualifications & Professional / Academic History
- BA (Hons), Oxford University (2001)
- Dip. Sing. Law, National University of Singapore (2002)
- Admitted as Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore (2003)
- Civil and commercial dispute resolution
- Corporate commercial advice
- Mergers and acquisitions
Experience/ Specialization; Approach/ Methodology; Client base
Hsuan Boon’s practice covers a wide range of both contentious and non-contentious matters.
He represents clients in contentious court proceedings and arbitration disputes under Singapore International Arbitration Centre Rules. He has experience handling complex corporate and commercial disputes, including breaches of directors’ duties and shareholder minority oppression suits. He has assisted clients in banking disputes over loan agreements, and against a foreign state-owned enterprise for registration and enforcement proceedings. Several of these matters have involved complex interactions between different systems of law.
He regularly acts in estates, trust and property-related litigation and insolvency litigation. Hsuan Boon also has experience advising on employment disputes, defamation claims and criminal cases.
Hsuan Boon also regularly provides corporate advice to a broad spectrum of businesses and business owners, from start-ups to large family-owned businesses. He represents clients in negotiating and drafting a variety of corporate agreements, including transfers of businesses and undertakings, joint ventures and restructuring of companies.
- Advised and acted for large family-owned business in sale of commodities business unit
- Advised and acted for human resource company in sale of its businesses located in multiple jurisdictions to a MNC
- Advised and acted for technology start-ups
- Member of the Law Society of Singapore
- Member of the Singapore Academy of Law
- Volunteer lawyer, Criminal Legal Aid Scheme