Trainees are our firm’s future. They are recruited with a view to retention and they are nurtured to be the best that they can be. After all, a law firm is nothing without its lawyers. How much higher and further we can bring our firm to in the next century will depend on how well we groom our trainees.
Training the legal mind
With the above in mind, our trainee will:-
- Have a Supervising solicitor who will ensure that our trainee receives adequate training and exposure and who will give our trainee an evaluation at the end of the traineeship on his/her strengths and weaknesses. Our list of supervising solicitors may be viewed here;
- Have the option of experiencing work from different departments;
- Have the opportunity to learn from and work directly with our Senior Counsel Mr Giam Chin Toon S.C., our consultants and senior partners;
- “Shadow” 1 of our legal associates and attend all client meetings and court hearings that the said legal associate is required to attend as well as being involved in the files or cases that the legal associate is handling;
- Be trained in conducting legal research (an essential skill);
- Be hands on in drafting correspondence, court documents and agreements;
- Be involved in discussions relating to the management of a case; and
- Receive guidance on professional responsibility, etiquette and conduct and be ready to take on the challenges of the profession in all aspects at end of the traineeship.
In brief, our trainees are treated as part of our firm from the very first day and they can expect to play a significant part in our firm's cases/transactions.
Rejuvenating the legal mind
In our firm, we believe that the best quality of work comes from a well rested individual whose passion for practicing law is not snuffed out by ceaseless typing at the computer. Our trainee can hence expect to have a life and to go for movies, outings, sports and other recreational activities after normal office hours.
Training Contract Package:
We offer trainees who are selected:
- Reasonable remuneration and allowance: $1,500 per month for the duration of the practice training contract and $300 per month during Part B of the Singapore Bar Examinations Course;
- Reimbursement of course fee of Part B of the Singapore Bar Examinations Course upon completion of their practice training contract and upon the confirmation of employment of the trainee with our firm as Associate; and
- Reimbursement of fees for registrations, and electronic filing of court papers, necessary for admission to the Singapore Bar