Experience, specialisation and highlights
Alan’s primary area of practice is Real Estate (Retail & Corporate). Alan regularly deals with transactions relating to the Sale & Purchase of commercial and private properties, including but not limited to, properties under development as well as completed property where title has been issued. Alan is well-versed in the legal and practical issues inherent to the purchase, sale and financing of private residential, HDB, commercial, industrial and JTC properties. His portfolio also includes acquisitions via government land sales, residential project development work, commercial leasing and mortgage loan transactions.
Having acted in more than 20 collective sale and purchase projects, Alan has extensive experience in collective sale and purchase transactions that fall not only under the net of s84A of the Land Titles (Strata) Act but also the atypical s84D. Alan advised in the Strata Titles Board applications in connection with collective sale applications.
In the private client space, Alan also has extensive experience with Estate Planning work and matters involving, amongst others, trusts, wills, general and lasting powers of attorney.
Alan is proficient in spoken and written Mandarin.
In his practice, Alan has:
- Acted in the collective acquisition of all the strata units and common property in a residential development comprising 290 units for a consideration of S$980 million, the second highest en-bloc deal in Singapore.
- Acted in the acquisition of a 99-years leasehold residential land parcel by way of a public land tender from URA and the successful bid of S$212.2 million and subsequently in the getting-up for the launch of a development comprising 188 private residential units and assisting in the downstream sale of the development project sales.
- Acted for landlord in the preparation and negotiation on the terms of the commercial lease to various tenants in commercial developments located in the central business district in Singapore
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Qualifications And Appointments
- LL.B. (Hons), The University of Manchester, UK (2014)
- Admitted as Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore (2016)