Experience, specialisation and highlights
Alex is a business orientated corporate lawyer. Prior to practising as a lawyer in Singapore, she started her career in business development in the start-up scene in the US.
Alex’s corporate and commercial practice includes advising both domestic and international companies on a variety of corporate and commercial matters.
Alex is able to assist in the drafting and negotiation of contracts for a wide range of transactions including joint ventures and cross-border sales and purchase agreements, in particular, those relating to the oil and gas and FMCG.
As part of regulatory compliance practice, she is also able to advice clients on the Healthcare Services Act, Workplace Safety and Health Act and the Securities Futures Act.
She is effectively bilingual and a member of the firm’s China desk team.
Her notable transactions include:-
- Advised on transnational joint ventures relating to the oil and gas and the fast-moving consumer goods trade.
- Advised on sale of shares, deeds of guarantees, deeds of settlements, non-disclosure agreements, shareholder’s agreements, employment contracts, and franchise agreements.
- Advised on legal requirements in the areas of digital payment token services, money-changing services and domestic and cross-border money transfer services in relation to the Payment Services Act.
- Advised high net worth clients in relation to their setting up of a family office in Singapore, wills, lasting powers of attorney, and other probate and administration matters.
- Represented an array of clients facing charges under the Workplace Safety and Health Act and the Securities Futures Act, amongst others.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Current Qualifications/Professional Appointments
- LL.B. (Hons), University of Bristol (2015)
- Admitted as Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore (2021)