Experience, specialisation and highlights
Blossom was called to the Singapore Bar in 1990 and has been in practice for the last 30 years.
Blossom’s extensive experience in the Real Estate Practice Group includes handling both transactional conveyancing matters for individuals and corporations, project development work for both boutique developers as well as major developers, extensive experience in handling all aspects of both commercial and residential leasing and sub-leasing, advising on land matters to corporations, local authorities, registered societies, liquidators, asset managers, property managers and also advising in en-bloc matters.
She has also represented both individuals and corporations in their loan transactions as well as advised in syndicated lending transactions. She has also rendered legal opinions to foreign lenders on Singapore based securities. In addition, she has also advised on schemes of arrangements and liquidations including one where liquidators dealt with assets in excess of S$1Billion. Blossom also advises both banks and developers on loan and financing matters for property developments including facility arrangements.
Blossom has advised both private and mainboard public listed companies on corporate compliance matters.
In her practice, Blossom has:
- Dealt with privately negotiated acquisitions of various types of land and buildings including acquisitions involving public tender;
- Advised on project development matters including acquisition of the developers’ land, joint ventures, financing arrangements, sale of units, defects resolution, MCST matters as well as issues involving Project Accounts and also Housing Developers’ Rules;
- Advised on licenses granted for parts of airport land;
- Acted in matters involving assignments of club land;
- Advised individual foreign investors on their acquisitions in Singapore and as a corollary to this, also assisted them with immigration issues as well as their estate and succession matters;
- Involved in all aspects of commercial leasing including drafting Master Leases, Tripartite Leases in REITS developments and advising on all aspects of landlord’s obligations, liabilities and involved extensively in advising landlords, asset managers and property managers on resolution of issues arising between them and the occupiers of their commercial buildings;
- Acted for registered societies in Singapore in their assignments of land and in their financing transactions securitised against such land;
- Handled loan and security documentation for individuals as well as corporations secured against property assets as well as other assets such as shares and contractual benefits;
- Advising developers as to their loan and financing documents including land loans, constructions loans, interest rate swap facilities, revolving credit facilities and also Banks in relation to Project Account issues when financing property developers;
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Qualifications And Appointments
- LL.B. (Hons), National University of Singapore (1989)
- Admitted as Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore (1990)