Ho Si Hui
Experience, specialisation and highlights
Si Hui has experience in a broad spectrum of civil and commercial matters, including shareholder and partnership disputes, bankruptcy and insolvency, contractual claims, defamation suits and employment disputes. She has also acted for clients in criminal matters.
Si Hui is regularly involved in construction litigation, and has acted for main contractors, sub-contractors and property owners in construction matters in Courts and in claims arising out of the Singapore Building Construction Industry Security of Payment Act.
Si Hui also practices family and matrimonial law, having assisted clients on divorce and ancillary matter proceedings. She has handled probate applications and contentious estate disputes, as well as the drafting of wills.
Apart from litigation, Si Hui is involved in corporate transactional work, and has represented clients in the negotiation and drafting of corporate agreements such as sale and purchase agreements and shareholders’ agreements.
In her practice, she has:
- Represented the defendant involving a winding up of several family-owned companies, which culminated in a settlement agreement and a subsequent litigation on the settlement agreement: Reported in Lin Choo Mee v Tat Leong Development (Pte) Ltd & Others  SGHC 99; Lin Choo Mee v Lim Sze Eng  SGHC 7; Lim Sze Eng v Lin Choo Mee 1 SLR 414.
- Successfully defended a respondent against an application for personal protection order at trial.
- Represented a main contractor in a substantial construction dispute under the Singapore Building Construction Industry Security of Payment Act.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Qualifications And Appointments
- LLB. (Hons), Singapore Management University (2013)
- Admitted as Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore (2014)