Experience, specialisation and highlights
Jacqueline’s corporate and commercial practice includes advising early-stage and mature companies on a variety of corporate and commercial matters.
She has assisted her corporate clients on transnational matters, financing arrangements, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, operational matters such as employment law issues, due diligence, and compliance matters. She also assists clients with the establishment of funds, advising fund managers and advisors on fund structures, compliance matters and other legal and regulatory issues. More recently, Jacqueline advises on FinTech matters and payment services.
As part of Jacqueline’s real estate practice, she has acted for corporations in project development matters, which range from acting in the purchase and acquisition of real estate and loan financing to advising on various regulatory issues. She has also acted in various collective sales of residential, commercial, and mixed developments.
In the private client space, Jacqueline has advised individuals on succession planning involving trusts, family constitutions, wills, lasting powers of attorney, and probate and administration matters.
Jacqueline strives ceaselessly to provide prompt, practical and holistic solutions to all her clients.
In her practice she has:
- Advised on transnational joint ventures, involving injection of capital in millions.
- Advised on mergers and acquisitions involving real estate, intellectual properties, companies and corporations.
- Advised on legal requirements in the areas of crypto-assets, in particular the Payment Services Act and the Securities Futures Act.
- Advised on the structures for fund management business, including the variable capital company structure.
- Advised businesses on the protection of assets of businesses, including intellectual properties like trademarks, registered design and patents, and data protection.
- Advised on a subsidiary of a public-listed company on compliance issues and both regional and international transactions.
- Acted in collective sales of residential, commercial, and mixed developments.
- Acted in the purchase and redevelopment of residential real estate with a gross development value of above $800 million.
- Acted for corporations and banks in facility loans of value in millions.
- Contributor to “Doing Business in Singapore” published on Practical Law (2019-2020).
- Contributor to “Data protection in Singapore” published on Practical Law (2019-2020).
- Contributor to the Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC) Personal Data Protection Digest (2019-2020).
- Contributor to “Privacy in Singapore” published on Practical Law (2019-2020).
- Contributor to Singapore Civil Procedure 2018 published by Thomas Reuters Sweet & Maxwell.
- Contributor to the Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC) Personal Data Protection Digest (2020-2021).
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Qualifications And Appointments
- LL.B. (Hons), National University of Singapore (2014)
- Admitted as Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore (2015)