Experience, specialisation and highlights
His practice commercial litigation and arbitration, specifically in the areas of energy and commodities.
He has acted for major commodity traders on a wide range of complex disputes, including disputes relating to physical commodities contracts, trade finance and insolvency. He also has experience in the enforcement and setting aside of arbitration awards in the Singapore Courts.
He has acted for clients in the State Courts, High Court and the Singapore International Commercial Court (SICC). He also has experience with arbitration proceedings in the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC).
In his practice, he has:
- A setting aside application of an SIAC arbitration award with disputed sum in excess of US$4 million.
- Acted for a Japanese subsidiary of a major Indonesian state-owned oil company in the SICC against a French bank in a trade finance dispute with claim sum in excess of US$23 million.
- Acted for an oil and gas exploration and production company against a major Chinese state-owned oil company in the SICC in a setting aside application of an SIAC arbitration award with disputed sum in excess of US$35 million.
- Acted for a wind power developer based in Vietnam in an SIAC arbitration involving a dispute on a share purchase agreement.
- Acted for a PRC mining company in 2 SIAC arbitrations against a global Big 5 oil trader and another oil trading company in separate sale and purchase disputes in excess of US$8 million.