Tan Hsuan Boon
Experience, specialisation and highlights
Hsuan Boon’s disputes resolution practice covers a broad spectrum of areas, with a focus on complex corporate and commercial disputes, insolvency, trust and estate litigation. He represents clients both in court proceedings and arbitration.
Corporate and commercial disputes
Hsuan Boonregularly represents clients in corporate disputes concerning breaches of directors’ duties, shareholder minority oppression, insolvent and fraudulent trading.
- Representing a foreign corporate claimant in long-running court proceedings against a foreign state-owned entity
- Representing a foreign corporate claimant against an international bank for breaches of contract and misrepresentation
- Acting for a corporate defendant in claim based on sham loan transactions
- Acting for a foreign corporate claimant to set aside fraudulent transactions
- Representing a claimant in arbitration proceedings for breach of shareholder agreement
- Representing investment fund in arbitration proceedings relating to hospitality investment in Vietnam
Hsuan Boon has acted for companies in informal debt restructurings and court-applications for schemes of arrangement and judicial management. He has also acted for individuals and liquidators in disputes arising in connection with insolvency.
Trust and Estate litigation
He regularly acts in estates, trust and property-related litigation.
- Representing a corporate claimant in action to recover properties held on trust by estate of individual directors
- Acting for executor in claim to recover property held in trust for deceased and wrongfully withheld in breach of trust
- Acting for trustee against claim by beneficiary for termination of trust
Other Dispute Resolution Areas
Hsuan Boon also has experience advising on employment disputes, defamation claims and criminal cases.
Corporate Advisory Practice
Hsuan Boon also regularly provides corporate advice to a broad spectrum of businesses and business owners, from start-ups to large family-owned businesses. He represents clients in negotiating and drafting a variety of corporate agreements, including transfers of businesses and undertakings, joint ventures and restructuring of companies.
Hsuan Boon also serves as adjudicator with the Financial Industry Dispute Resolution Centre, a volunteer lawyer with the Criminal Legal Aid Scheme, and serves as a board member and legal advisor on various non-profit and welfare organisations. He is also a member of the Insolvency Practitioners Association of Singapore, and a volunteer lawyer with the Pro Bono Programme for the Simplified Insolvency Programme.