Experience, specialisation and highlights
Vigneesh is a Senior Associate in our dispute resolution and regulatory practice.
He is a seasoned litigator and has represented a variety of clients in civil, commercial and criminal matters in the Singapore Courts.
He has a particular interest in complex commercial and criminal matters where he has assisted institutional clients in investigations as well as obtained successful outcomes before the Singapore Courts.
Having a heart for the underdog, he served as a fellow with the Criminal Legal Aid Scheme (“CLAS“) and remains passionate about criminal defence work.
Vigneesh graduated from the University of Manchester with a Bachelor of Laws (Honours). He is called to the Singapore Bar.
- Successfully obtained a Mareva Injunction and Summary Judgment against an ex-employee of a company who was found to be unlawfully misappropriating funds over several years. Further advised and assisted the client with the initiation of police investigations
- Regularly acts for clients in debt recovery matters, providing sound advice on the costs involved and the prospects of recovery.
- Advising and negotiating on behalf of clients on claims for liquidated damages by security service buyers.
- Acted for numerous clients in applications for letters of administration and grant of probate, in particular, where foreign nationals decease leaving property in Singapore.
- Advised and represented clients seeking relief in the Protection from Harassment Court.
- Acted for the Appellant in a Magistrate’s Appeal against conviction and sentence in the High Court (MA No. 9176/2020/01).
- Acted for an accused person who was charged with property and regulatory related offences under the Penal Code and Securities and Futures Act.
- Represented clients in regulatory prosecutions under the Employment Act, Electricity Act, Gas Act, Sewerage and Drainage Act and Telecommunications Act by the Public Utilities Board and the Infocomm Media Development Authority.